family

family

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Everything vintage! And other things....



Well, here I am again...I've been a busy bee as of late, with school starting soon, and my little one starting kindergarten, and my not so little one starting middle school. Oh my goodness they're growing up so fast! They need to stop hehehe.

I've recently started projects that I need to complete. So badly so, that I've started a sweater for my son, only to realize that he's grown so much, that it's going to have to be for my daughter!

Christmas stockings are now being started, those summery dresses I was making out of pillowcases are being put aside, to make into tops at a later date, knowing my daughter, and how much she's growing, I'll be surprised that she'll get to wear them much, if at all.

I'm still doing the retro styles with my hair, and make up, and when I can, my wardrobe.
I've purchased Lauren Rennell's Vintage hairstyling book as well as her retro make-up book. I'll post pictures when I can of the things I've tried out.



I've got long hair, so trying a lot of those hair styles, won't work for me, but, I do enjoy trying out new things.

I've also been adding a few recipes to my blog in Pixy's kitchen. I mostly cook cajun food, but enjoy trying out new (to me), recipes. I've taken a few from 1940's, 50's, cookbooks and dove right in! You'll find just about everything I've tried, posted so far. I'm going to start trying out 20's and 30's recipes next! Wish me luck!

That's all for now...


Here's look'n at you kid!

J.E.

No comments: