family

family

Saturday, August 13, 2011

School Dazed...

So, School is going to start soon for us, It'll be "firsts" for both of my kiddo's. One is going into middle school, and the other into Kindergarten. We went school clothes shopping for the "midget" (which is code for the girl child). She's growing so fast, that I can hardly keep up!

Being the frugal (tightwad) that I am, we went to a thrift store for her today. We found what we thought were fantastic finds! We thought we were being smart parents, by buying a few items, we thought she'd grow into...we were wrong...

I should have known, I mean, adult sizes do the same thing, one store's size is not the same in the next store you go into. For instance, we found this amazing pair of charcoal grey slacks with a 40's theme it seemed to the way they were made. Front bib with double rows of black buttons in the front, wide pant legs, very chic! In two sizes (or so we thought) too big...grow into material, right?...wrong! I'm going to have to figure out a way to let them out maybe an inch in the side seam, without matching fabric to do it with. So...I had a brilliant idea! I'm going to get a wide piece of elastic in either dark grey, or black, and sew it into the side seam (it zips of the other side). I just can't bear to get rid of these adorable pants. She's got a soft, silk/cotton blend, pale pink pullover sweater that will go amazingly well for the colder months.

Well, at least we ended up with about 10 + outfits, as well as 5 pairs of shoes for under $100. So..I really can't complain too loudly. Ok, so we're probably going to have to go shopping again in a month (or less), At least now, I know where to go for such great bargains!!

J.E.

No comments: